Introducing our Young Birders!Submitted by Ingrid Hutzler on Sat, 31/10/2015 - 17:30
- We want to encourage other young kiwis to get involved in birding!
- We have set up a new website and online magazine aimed at kids. The mission of Young Birders NZ is to “Foster New Zealand’s young birders” and let them reach their full birdy potential, also “Ensuring that the brilliant art of bird-watching never disappears in New Zealand by reuniting young kiwis with nature”.
- Our goal is to support, encourage and inform the young birding community of New Zealand and we would also love to be able to organise meetings and trips for our members.
- If you know any young people that might be interested in this please don’t hesitate to tell them about us.
- We are currently trying our hardest to make good links with bird people all over the country. We have YouTube, G+, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and our website. If you would like to follow us or join, please either email us on email@example.com or subscribe via our website www.youngbirdersnz.wix.com/youngbirdersnz (you can also find us on social media).
WHO are WE?
Amber: I'm a YBNZ Founder, Nelson Lakes birder,Wetland and Wild river bird lover, plus wanna-be bander and Ornithologist!
Michael: I'm a co-founder of Young Birders NZ and particularly enjoy tough ID challenges such as waders!
George: I'm a Zealandia youth ambassador and I really love bird photography!
Oscar: I'm an advocate of all our birds, especially Kokako, I'm also training to be a guide on Tiritiri Matangi!