The Field Guide to the Birds of New Zealand (fourth revised edition)
By Barrie Heather & Hugh Robertson, illustrated by Derek Onley 464 pages and 85 colour paintings
The only field guide to New Zealand birds officially endorsed by Birds New Zealand, this is the most authoritative reference available – a wonderful celebration of our extraordinary and diverse birdlife.
The Field Guide to the Birds of New Zealand is the modern classic of the genre – the tried and trusted reference for lovers of New Zealand birds!
- Comprehensive, reliable and easy to use
- 374 species, including 35 additions - the books biggest revision since first publication
- 85 stunning colour paintings of New Zealand birds, including rare and recently extinct species
- An introduction to key bird-watching sites
- Distribution maps and in-depth guide to field identification
- An additional handbook section including details on the distribution, habitat, population, conservation, breeding, behaviour and feeding habits of each species
- Paintings by a leading New Zealand bird artist and text by two renowned New Zealand bird experts, assisted by many other birdwatchers and scientists
Birds New Zealand does not sell this item, please purchase from your local book seller.